The first official teaser trailer has been released for Rogue One and it was worth the wait.
- Yes, we’re in an age where we need teasers to teasers-to-trailers-to-movies-to-post-credit-scenes!
- I’m really enjoying Disney/Lucasfilm’s new Agile Film Development methodology…where they are planning to release one Star Wars film every year until the end of time. This will keep nerds in a constant state of anticipatory ecstasy and drowning in merchandise forever.
- Love the action sequences – there’s a nice emphasis on actual martial arts and hand-to-hand combat which was a bit lacking in Episode VII (I did really enjoy the lightsaber fights between Anakin, Kenobi, and Dooku in the prequel series).
- Liked seeing the “old” ships from Episodes IV-VI such as the Star Destroyers and AT-ATs along with a new/old black stormtrooper design
- After listening to the Star Wars 7 x 7 podcast there were some interesting points made as to how to properly containerize the stories and characters of Star Wars: Rebels – the ongoing animated show on Disney XD and the Rogue One film. The big question is regarding the statement that there would be “no Jedi” in Rogue One as well as Yoda’s mention to Luke that after he is gone…Luke would be the only Jedi left. As we’ve seen in Rebels, not all force-wielders need to be Jedi, or even Sith for that matter. Examples include Ahsoka Tano (former Jedi) and Darth Maul (former Sith). This should be interesting to see if there are just no force-wielders (except maybe Vader) in the film at all or if we see hints of some ancillary characters. Also, we may/may not find out the whereabouts of Kanan and Ezra during this time frame.